nifi-users mailing list archives

From Alessio Palma <alessio.pa...@docomodigital.com>
Subject ListHDFS ( some suggestions depending on our usage )
Date Fri, 10 Feb 2017 08:58:56 GMT
Hello all,
I'm using ListHDFS but...

1) it can start only on a schedule strategy
2) directory path to list is "hard coded" into the processor it self.

I wonder if a new version, which can be started using a flowfile, accept the attributes of
the incoming flow file as parameters, it is more usable and useful than the current implementation.

If you are thinking to GetHDFSEvent: In real world application HDFS super user is not always
an option and checking HDFS file ( ListHDFS )  is something which must be subordinated to
something.

What do you think ?
Is a good idea to add this to default nifi processors ?