nifi-users mailing list archives

From Bryan Bende <bbe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Exporting and importing workflows, and restoring from backup snapshots
Date Thu, 09 Feb 2017 15:40:20 GMT
Hello,

Moving flows between NiFi instances is definitely something the
community is working to improve [1].

Currently there are two main options: templates, or moving the whole
flow.xml.gz.

You can create templates of process groups and then import them into
another instance, some people have gone as far as automating this with
scripts using the REST API.

If you want to whole sale move the flow you can just copy
conf/flow.xml.gz from one instance to another, keeping in mind that if
you have processors with sensitive properties, you will need the same
encryption key in both environments.

I believe the backups work similarly to copying the flow.xml.gz in
that there should be an archive directory with copies of the
flow.xml.gz from different snapshots, and you can stop NiFi and copy
one of them into conf as the flow.xml.gz. Maybe someone can correct me
if I am wrong here.

Thanks.

Bryan

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/NIFI/Configuration+Management+of+Flows