nifi-users mailing list archives

From Andy LoPresto <alopre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: 3 node of nifi generating 3 different flow files
Date Fri, 19 Jun 2020 01:02:59 GMT
Sanjeet,

Did you stop every node in the cluster before deleting these files? Can you share the actual
output of the log files?

Andy LoPresto
alopresto@apache.org
alopresto.apache@gmail.com
He/Him

> On Jun 18, 2020, at 5:15 PM, sanjeet rath <rath.sanjeet@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Andy,
> Already tried by deleting flow.xml.gz ,users.xml,authorization.xml file of 3 nodes.
> But still getting the same error.
> in nifi-app.log is showing exception that" local flow is differet than cluster flow"
> Also new flow.xml.gz file is having different 'rootGroupid' on each node
> Thanks.
> Sanjeet
>
> On Fri, 19 Jun 2020, 5:16 am Andy LoPresto, <alopresto@apache.org <mailto:alopresto@apache.org>>
wrote:
> Sanjeet,
>
> If this is for a new cluster, you can delete the flow.xml.gz file from all nodes and
restart NiFi. When the nodes start up again, they will create the new flow definition file
on each node respectively with the synced root process group ID.

> Andy LoPresto
> alopresto@apache.org <mailto:alopresto@apache.org>
> alopresto.apache@gmail.com <mailto:alopresto.apache@gmail.com>
> He/Him
>
>> On Jun 18, 2020, at 4:44 PM, sanjeet rath <rath.sanjeet@gmail.com <mailto:rath.sanjeet@gmail.com>>
wrote:

>> Thanks, Andy for your quick response.
>> I did it as you suggested, now nifi is using its default encryption.
>>
>> But still gettting the error, in nifi-app.log is showing exception that" local flow
is differet than cluster flow"
>> As per my analysis, The issue is it got 3 different flow.xml.gz files in each node.The
'rootGroupid' of each flow.xml.gz file is different.
>> As per my understanding ,the flow.xml.gz fie should be same accross all nodes.so
i copied flow.xml.gz file from one node to other two nodes to make it sync.but still getting
same error.
>> The zookeeper is connected properly to all nodes.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Sanjeet
>>

>> On Thu, 18 Jun 2020, 10:55 pm Andy LoPresto, <alopresto@apache.org <mailto:alopresto@apache.org>>
wrote:
>> You do not need to manually run this command, as it migrates the encryption key used
for sensitive processor properties (e.g. database passwords in the flow) that are stored in
your flow.xml.gz file. You only need this command when you have a cluster which has been using
one encryption key to secure these values and you want to migrate to a new key.

>> When starting a new cluster, set the nifi.sensitive.props.key value to the desired
value on all cluster nodes, and NiFi will automatically encrypt and decrypt the sensitive
processor properties with it.

>> Andy LoPresto
>> alopresto@apache.org <mailto:alopresto@apache.org>
>> alopresto.apache@gmail.com <mailto:alopresto.apache@gmail.com>
>> He/Him
>> PGP Fingerprint: 70EC B3E5 98A6 5A3F D3C4  BACE 3C6E F65B 2F7D EF69
>>
>>> On Jun 18, 2020, at 3:55 AM, sanjeet rath <rath.sanjeet@gmail.com <mailto:rath.sanjeet@gmail.com>>
wrote:

>>> Hi ,
>>>
>>> I got a issue while starting a 3 node nifi cluster. nifi-app.log is showing exception
that" local flow file is differet than cluster flow"
>>> The issue is i got 3 different flow files in each node.'rootGroupid' of each
flow file is different.

>>> Previous i was facing no issue in creating 3 node clister.but this time ,i made
a change here  during creation the clusters i have encripted the flow file with using nifi
toolkit.(encript-config.sh)

>>>  Encript-config.sh -f /nifi/flow.xml.gz -n nifi/nifi.properties --bootstrapconf
/nifi/bootstrap.conf -s password -x