nifi-users mailing list archives

From Sri Harsha Chavali <sriharsha.chav...@outlook.com>
Subject Upgrade NiFi 1.11.4 Cluster External ZooKeeper 3.4.X
Date Thu, 04 Jun 2020 19:03:57 GMT
Hi All,

We have been running NiFi 1.9.2 (3 Node Cluster) with external ZooKeeper 3.4.X in both CDH
6.2.X and 5.15.X versions. We are trying to upgrade our NiFi cluster to version 1.11.4 but
noticed that it has Zookeeper 3.5.5 dependency. I have a couple of questions after playing
with NiFi 1.11.4 on my VM.

  1.  Is the ZK 3.5.5 a mandatory dependency or can we still live with ZK 3.4.x?
  2.  If ZK 3.5.5 is a mandatory dependency. Can we reliably run embedded ZK on all cluster
nodes while not using the existing ZK which comes with our cluster? I ask this question because
if we run a 3 node NiFi cluster with embedded ZK, the ZK on that node goes down along with
NiFi when there is an issue. This will cause Quorum/voting issues and will that break the
NiFi cluster?
  3.   If piggybacking on the existing External ZK 3.4.X is an option what is the functionality
we will lose? Is it all the processors that rely on state-management that get effected?

Thank you,
Harsha