nifi-users mailing list archives

From James McMahon <jsmcmah...@gmail.com>
Subject Thread never stops, ConsumeAMQP
Date Fri, 12 Jun 2020 13:24:44 GMT
We integrate our flows on a system that employs ConsumeAMQP 1.8. We then
promote our flows as templates after evaluation, but the production system
we promote to only allows ConsumeAMQP 1.7.1.g .

I’ve noticed there is a ConsumeAMQP in production that appears to maintain
a thread to RabbitMQ. It never goes away. It can’t be stopped, and
Terminate always seems to hang our processors. We try to avoid Terminate at
all costs because it’s never once worked.

This is the first ConsumeAMQP we have promoted in this manner. Is there a
way I can determine why this thread persists? It does not throw any
warnings or errors. I have noticed that my messages in my Rabbit queue
sometimes are not ACKed by this processor. Would promoting a flow that
includes a ConsumeAMQP from a higher version nifi to a slightly lower
version of nifi be a cause?

Our data does get consumed from the queue. Sometimes it is ACKed, but
sometimes it is not.

Any suggestions how I can diagnose and fix this problem?

Jim