nutch-dev mailing list archives

From Doug Cutting <cutt...@nutch.org>
Subject Re: [Nutch-dev] jar licenses
Date Thu, 03 Mar 2005 18:53:53 GMT
I'm just going by
http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta/Using_20LGPL_27d_20code, which is quite
clear on this issue.  As a rationale, this states, "Anyways, legal
advice given to the ASF is to not to be tied to an LGPL license as the
LGPL is feasibly as viral as GPL. This isn't just some NIH view the ASF
have. Lawrence Rosen's latest book Open Source Licensing seems to repeat
the view."  So I don't think this policy is an uninformed result of
reading a Slashdot discussion, but rather an informed legal opinion.

Doug