nutch-dev mailing list archives

From Apache Wiki <wikidi...@apache.org>
Subject [Nutch Wiki] Update of "GettingNutchRunningWithJboss" by TerrenceCurran
Date Tue, 10 Nov 2009 01:05:57 GMT
Dear Wiki user,

The "GettingNutchRunningWithJboss" page has been changed by TerrenceCurran.
http://wiki.apache.org/nutch/GettingNutchRunningWithJboss

New page:
= Running Nutch with JBoss AS 5.1 =

I only had to make minor changes beyond the basic Tomcat tutorials to get Nutch running on
JBoss AS 5.1

== Deployment ==
Make sure that your nutch-site.xml file is configured in your packaged .war file, or exploded
.war directory.

== Xerces ==
JBoss ships with a different version of Xerces installed and available to all deployed applications.
 I was getting an error about the conflict.  Removing xerces-2_x_x-apis.jar and xerces-2_x_x.jar
from the war file's lib directory fixed the problem.

== Code changes ==
In the file:
/src/java/org/apache/nutch/plugin/PluginManifestParser.java

Nutch checks has a check to make sure it can find the plugin folder.  The check looks like
this:
{{{
  } else if (!"file".equals(url.getProtocol())) {
    LOG.warn("Plugins: not a file: url. Can't load plugins from: " + url);
    return null;
  }
}}}

This does not work in jboss because local files in the deployment directory have a protocol
of vfsfile://  since vfsfile acts just like file, you just have to change this code to:
{{{
  } else if (!"file".equals(url.getProtocol()) &&
	 !"vfsfile".equals(url.getProtocol())) {