nutch-dev mailing list archives

From "McGibbney, Lewis John" <Lewis.McGibb...@gcu.ac.uk>
Subject Plug-in update
Date Tue, 11 Jan 2011 20:44:32 GMT
Hello List,

I have recently been working on the ontology plug-in and have made some changes not covered
by the dated wiki entries and some of the material packaged with the 1.2 dist. I am aware
that there has not been much (if any) interest regarding this plug-in, this provides the reasoning
behind my email.

Having read the correspondence on this list over the 04/01 - 05/01 titled 'Release planning',
I am aware that there are firm plans to rid the next Nutch 1.3 release of redundant plug-ins
(amongst many other things). My question therefore is, is it worth me updating the wiki to
accomodate the work I have been undertaking? I am aware that this plug-in uses search, refine-query
and refine-query-init.jsp's and presumably these would also be removed when Nutch 1.3 is released
as searching is being delegated to Solr, however it would be of interest to me to develop
(over time) a new plug-in which builds on the ideas currently contained within the ontology
plug-in available for Nutch 1.2 which would be used with Solr.

Thank you

Lewis

Winner: Times Higher Education's Widening Participation Initiative of the Year 2009 and Herald
Society's Education Initiative of the Year 2009