nutch-dev mailing list archives

From Allen Pouratian <ajp-nutch-develop...@outlook.com>
Subject Nutch 2.3.1: Compile error "org.apache.jasper cannot be resolved to a type" in unit tests TestProtocolHttp.java and TestProtocolHttpClient.java
Date Sun, 11 Feb 2018 00:51:05 GMT
Hello Nutch Developers-

This is my first time emailing any open source project's email list. Please forgive any breaches
of customs, or oversights.

I'm following the directions in https://wiki.apache.org/nutch/RunNutchInEclipse and after
importing Nutch 2.3.1 into Eclipse, I'm getting build errors in TestProtocolHttp.java and
TestProtocolHttpClient.java on line 66.

It's the same constructor in both files:

ServletHolder sh = new ServletHolder(org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.class);

I'm running...

- Ubuntu 16.04 LTS 64 bit system with the latest patches
- java 1.8.0_151 64bit
- ant 1.9.6
- Nutch 2.3.1 released January 16th 2016.
- Eclipse 4.7 Oxygen

I've tried downloading a jasper jar file and right clicking on the Unit Test, and doing Build
Path --> Configure Build Path --> Add External Jars and it still would not work.

If I should be emailing commits@nutch.apache.org, then please say so. I'm guessing this is
merely a developer issue and local to my setup, as certainly a "compile error" wouldn't be
released.

Best Regards,
Allen Pouratian
Software Developer

Allen Pouratian
Software Developer

[https://ipmcdn.avast.com/images/icons/icon-envelope-tick-round-orange-animated-no-repeat-v1.gif]<https://www.avast.com/sig-email?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=webmail&utm_term=icon>