ode-dev mailing list archives

From "Paul Brown" <paulrbr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to access ODE process from a Java Client ?
Date Thu, 02 Nov 2006 16:31:51 GMT
Hi, Sam --

To add to what Lance said:

> Is there someother way to access the BPEL process other than sending SOAP
> messages  ?

The way that one access any BPEL engine is by sending WSDL messages,
where both "send" and "message" are in the abstract sense.  SOAP over
HTTP is just one implementation of that combination of operations
(XML out of bits on the wire into WSDL structure).

> I saw this code  for ActiveBPEL  in  their website ?
[...]
>        Call call = (Call) service.createCall();
[...]
> Do we have some thing like that in Apache ODE to access the HelloWorld BPEL
> process ?

This is just an Apache AXIS web service client invocation and an
RPC-style one at that, and the availability of this kind of API is
really just a consequence of the BPEL engine being deployed as a web
service that accepts the kind of SOAP that the client (the Call) spits
out.  You could use the *exact* same approach with an appropriate
deployment of ODE.

-- Paul