ode-dev mailing list archives

From "Alexis Midon" <mi...@intalio.com>
Subject Re: Server error handling
Date Mon, 07 Apr 2008 17:43:08 GMT
Regarding #2 and #3: The special exception I mentioned was supposed to be a
> solution for #2. My idea was to add a checked exception that indicates that
> Ode shall rollback the transaction and should throw a BPEL fault while
> unchecked exceptions are simply swallowed (logged but ignored).

don't you think the ShouldRollBackException you suggest could be unchecked,
something similar to what JEE
describes<http://java.sun.com/javaee/5/docs/tutorial/doc/bnbpj.html>
.
No changes to the public API are necessary, only a new contract between
handlers and ODE server.

> I tend to prefer this over adding a call back method as this implies more
> changes to the interface (need for an abstract class) and is IMHO not that
> intuitive to use.

Agree with Alex. A failOnError() method sounds too monolithic/binary and an
exception itself can convey this information in a more flexible way.