ode-dev mailing list archives

From <Igor.Novako...@empolis.com>
Subject Replace Jaxen with Xalan and make Saxon optional?
Date Fri, 07 Nov 2008 12:29:01 GMT
Hi,

we at SMILA (http://www.eclipse.org/smila/) think that ODE is great and we are very keen using
it in our project.

Unfortunately there is a problem with two libraries that ODE is using: Jaxen und Saxon.

Like my colleague August Georg Schmidt (project co-lead) already explained in his mail-thread
"Library usage in ODE" (http://ode.markmail.org/search/?q=library%20usage#query:library%20usage+page:1+mid:6fmuuhgsm2d35yv5+state:results),
the legal department of eclipse foundation has rejected these two libraries.

This means that right now we are not allowed to use ODE in our project L

Therefore I am asking you for your help.

Could it be possible to replace Jaxen with Xalan and make Saxon optional in ODE?

J├╝rgen told me also, that you are about to release 2.0 beta soon. For us it would be just
perfect if we could have this feature there.

BTW: This idea/suggestion came actually from Matthieu. (See "Library usage in ODE" mail-thread.)

Of course, if you need any support to accomplish this, we would be more than happy to help.

Best regards

Igor

SMILA project co-lead