ode-dev mailing list archives

From "Matthieu Riou" <matth...@offthelip.org>
Subject Re: AW: Building SimPEL
Date Thu, 27 Nov 2008 17:14:47 GMT
Hi,

So yeah, SimPEL is currently at a
whatever-is-two-or-three-steps-before-alpha stage. I usually try to keep the
existing tests successful between commits, although I think I broke a couple
in my last commit yesterday :)

I'm currently working on REST support in SimPEL, the goal being that the
first way to interact with a simple runtime will be REST (or you could just
embed but that's a less "out of the box" approach). Anyway I have made a
REST-aware branch of ODE as this introduces quite a few changes, ODE being
pretty tied to WSDL at its core. To build SimPEL you'll need that branch.

So you'll have to do something like:

svn co http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/ode/branches/restful/
cd restful
buildr install TEST=no
cd ../simpel (or wherever you checked out simpel)
svn up
buildr test

At the moment SimPELCompilerTest (which I broke yesterday but it's probably
not much) and RestfulSimPELTest (which I'm working on) fail. The rest should
pass. Have a look at all the cases in SimPELRuntimeTest, it's a pretty good
overview of what works right now. RestfulSimPELTest has a small example of
what I'm heading to with REST as well. It doesn't work yet but I'm getting
closer.

Let me know how this works for you.

Matthieu