ode-dev mailing list archives

From "Nagendra Inuguri" <inagen...@gmail.com>
Subject Management API issue while using ODE with mysql
Date Mon, 05 Jan 2009 06:54:30 GMT
Hi,

I am using ODE with mysql database. My ode-axis2.properties file has the
following settings:

ode-axis2.db.mode=EXTERNAL

ode-axis2.db.ext.dataSource=java:comp/env/jdbc/ODEDB

Everything works fine with these settings. However when I try to use
management API to receive events, I get the following error. (Full stack
trace attached in ode-mysql-jpa.txt):

ERROR - GeronimoLog.error(108) | Exception during database operation

java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException

        at
org.apache.ode.dao.jpa.BPELDAOConnectionImpl.bpelEventQuery(BPELDAOConnectionImpl.java:54)

When I see the ODE source I came to know that this is happening because
org.apache.ode.dao.jpa.BPELDAOConnectionImpl has a couple of methods that
throws UnsupportedOperationException. Why are these methods (bpelEventQuery,
bpelEventTimelineQuery) simply throwing this exception? By default ode uses
this jpa dao implementation. Am I supposed to use a different dao
implementation?

So I tried adding the following line in ode-axis2.properties to use
hibernate dao implementation:

ode-axis2.dao.factory=org.apache.ode.daohib.bpel.BpelDAOConnectionFactoryImpl

After adding this line management API works fine. However while deploying a
process I am getting the following error (Full stack trace attached in
ode-mysql-hibernate.txt):

ERROR - GeronimoLog.error(104) | Unknown column 'properties0_.propId' in
'field list'

12:02:00,484 ERROR [JDBCExceptionReporter] Unknown column
'properties0_.propId' in 'field list'

ERROR - GeronimoLog.error(108) | DbError

org.hibernate.exception.SQLGrammarException: could not initialize a
collection: [org.apache.ode.store.hib.ProcessConfDaoImpl.

properties_#{http://soa-matrix.com/example}Flow-1]

To summarize, if I use mysql with default dao implementation (which is in
jpa package), I am not able to use management API. If I use mysql with
hibernate dao implementation, I am getting an error while deploying a
process. Is there any work around for this problem?

Thanks,

Nagendra