ode-dev mailing list archives

From Tammo van Lessen <tvanles...@gmail.com>
Subject BPM ecosystem at Apache
Date Mon, 07 Jun 2010 13:32:33 GMT
Hi guys,

I'd like to raise a discussion about the ecosystem at Apache around ODE
in particular and BPM in general.

While ODE is getting mature and provides a stable BPEL execution, the
BPM market is moving on, bringing up new languages (BPMN 2.0), new human
task definitions (WSHT), new integrations (BPEL4People), new projects
(Apache Hise), new adopters (JBoss Riftsaw), etc.

I think it is time to discuss not only an adjusted road map for ODE
(adding support for BPMN 2.0 and BPEL4People/WSHT) but also the BPM
ecosystem at Apache.

Apache Hise is currently under incubation and ODE is the sponsoring PMC.
There may also be other BPM related projects that may want to find their
home at Apache, but not necessarily under the umbrella of ODE, which
would directly connect them with BPEL and/or process execution.

I think we should think about founding a BPM umbrella PMC at Apache the
can serve as the home of Ode, Hise, and whatever BPMish project that
will come up in future. Honestly, this is yet just an uncooked idea, but
I'd like to get your opinions on that. WDYT?

Thanks,
  Tammo

--
Tammo van Lessen - http://www.taval.de