ode-dev mailing list archives

From Tammo van Lessen <tvanles...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: BPM ecosystem at Apache
Date Mon, 07 Jun 2010 15:00:59 GMT
Hi,

okay, first I agree that integrating and sharing code of multiple sub
projects into one repository with one build system makes sense and makes
integration, testing etc. easier. Although I think they should be
packaged separately (e.g. as mvn bundles and dists) as WSHT
implementations are probably also interesting for people not necessarily
interested in ODE. I think the Solr/Lucene guys did some similar merge.

Regarding umbrellas: No matter if it's called bpm.apache.org or
ode.apache.org, it will probably become an umbrella. I understand that
the ASF likes top-level-projects, but I personally find it very
difficult currently to find projects that are related, belong together
or are intended to be used together, simply because their names not
really suggest that they belong to a certain domain. That's why I
actually really like ws.apache.org or db.apache.org because I always
know what I can expect to find there.

Tammo

--
Tammo van Lessen - http://www.taval.de