openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Andre Fischer <awf....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Sidebar
Date Mon, 03 Dec 2012 13:27:41 GMT
On 02.12.2012 19:11, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
> On 30/11/2012 Andre Fischer wrote:
>> I will be working on the implementation of the
>> sidebar. In the hope of motivating others (you) to join me, I have
>> created a wiki page that gives a first and rough outline of the work
>> that has to be done and the API and code that already exists and
>> (hopefully) can be reused or adapted:
>> http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Sidebar
>
> Thanks Andre, it seems that tasks are still very broad, so I guess
> that this call is mainly aimed at existing or full-time developers,
> but if you identify small self-contained tasks where new developers
> could be involved please advertise them, since they might be useful in
> a future call for developers or for FOSDEM.

Good idea, I will do that.  I just wanted to make sure that nobody feels
not invited.

By the way, I have activated the existing but unfinished sidebar
implementation that was discontinued shortly before OpenOffice came to
Apache.  You can find developer builds for Linux, Mac and Windows.
Please see the "Status" section on
http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Sidebar (near the top).  There you can
also see screenshots of that sidebar implementation.

Please do not use these developer snapshots for anything other than
analysis of the sidebar.  There appear to be some serious bugs. They are
meant as living demos of an unfinished feature.

Regards,
Andre