openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From janI <j...@apache.org>
Subject [proposal/question] wiki.openoffice.org future: mediaWiki or Apache JSPWiki.
Date Sun, 02 Dec 2012 22:35:05 GMT
JSPwiki just announced a new version:

http://incubator.apache.org/jspwiki/

since it is a apache project, should we consider upgrading to jspwiki
instead of continuing with mediawiki ?

The upgrade will almost for sure be harder, but to me it seems beneficial
to use products from our own "family", that way we help them and they
hopefully help us. I am also confident that it can be done without data
loss, which is an absolute no-go to me, we will not accept data loss.

If it is decided to go down this path, I will contact jspWiki and get
involved with their work so we have a real influence on how the wiki
software evolves (especially in regard of spam control).

Jan I.