openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From janI <j...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [proposal/question] wiki.openoffice.org future: mediaWiki or Apache JSPWiki.
Date Mon, 03 Dec 2012 08:35:25 GMT
I agree on a lot of the things.

BUT do not forget that a lot of questions/problems also applies to an
upgrade.

- User interface will change slightly
- Data loss is not acceptlable but the UTF8 conversion might have a side
effect on some browsers
- The tweaks in the current mwiki, will not automatically be present after
an upgrade.
- we do not know if the extensions will work (in the same way) in the new
version.
- there are no "the wiki", there are and will always be different systems
out there.

The argument about the text is very valid, but I think that the new version
also offers new facilities, and hope that all old facilities are unchanged
(but there are no quarantees).

My intention was simply to make the community aware of the possibility.
Because at this point in time I see the upgrade as also being quite a
hurdle.

Jan I.