openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Guy Waterval <waterval....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [User Docs] End of effort to get AOO v3.4 Getting Started Guide finished
Date Mon, 03 Dec 2012 09:53:15 GMT
Hi Rob,
Hi all,

2012/12/2 Rob Weir <robweir@apache.org>

> Let me describe a possible future, and maybe you (and others) can help
> influence it.  I'm not a documentation expert but I can help some.
> But mostly I can help on the recruitment side.
>
> Imagine we do the following:
>
> 1) Create a new doc@openoffice.apache.org list

It would be OK for me to participate, but not as a moderator, due to my too
basic English.
I profit from this post to perhaps commit a sacrilege ;-)
Why not publish the documentation directly on Wikip├ędia, with a double
licence, ALv2.0 and GFDL, for instance?  Is it impossible for questions of
licences, organization, political reasons .... Wikip├ędia has a  lot of good
contributors in different languages, a big visibility, you can do
documentation and marketing at the same time....

A+
--
gw