openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From janI <j...@apache.org>
Subject Re: I hate open office
Date Thu, 01 Aug 2013 17:00:26 GMT
On Aug 1, 2013 6:49 PM, "Jane McArdle" <jane.mcardle09@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have hated open office for years and now at my job I am required to use
> it  I had to update to 4.0 and have had nothing but problems sense then
> first I lost 2 documents while i was down loading. I finally redid them
> because recovery is a joke. Yesterday evening I was doing some personal
> stuff and to my surprise open office crashed and can not recovery my
> document  this is not really a problem because like i said it was a
> personal document and i can get it from my history.. This morning when i
> returned to work Open office crashed again. So now I know the reason i
> don't use open office  I have had to try to recover 4 documents in 24
> hours. So thank you very much for "improving" my life with your bug filled
> updates you are almost as bad as Mozilla which with ever update makes my
>  life hell.

I am sorry about your problems. We have a saying in Denmark, thst might
apply here "If you hate/dislike someone, they problaly dont ike you".

I have used apache OpenOffice for years, and yes it has bugs, but so nave
all software, would you rather pay a (to me small fortune) for another
office package and still have problems, the choice is yours.

If you goto forumd.openoffice.org and explain the exact problem, they eill
help you as volunteers.

rgds
jan i