openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamil...@acm.org>
Subject DChanges 2014 Papers and ODF Conformance/Compliance Assurance
Date Thu, 04 Jun 2015 23:24:00 GMT
I took advantage of Corinthia as a place to build up materials on ODF Conformance/Compliance
Assurance testing of software products, since creating profiles of feature compliance figures
in the scope of the Apache Corinthia (incubating) project.

The material is relevant, of course, to Apache OpenOffice and other implementations of ODF.

The proposed structure for development of files, procedures, and assessments is at <https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Corinthia/ODF>.

I have updated the ODF Conformance/Compliance Assurance Helix sketch there.  The connected
treatment of ODF 1.2 Conformance that has been linked from that sketch has also been updated.
 That overview is at <http://nfoworks.org/notes/2014/06/n140602.htm> and a trial diagram
of the different conformance layers is at <http://nfoworks.org/notes/2014/06/n140602b.htm>.

I am starting to put more effort into this material, including coming up with minimal test
cases as baby steps.

My papers from DChanges 2014 are also relevant to this effort.  Although the "Anti-Pattern"
paper is about repairing change-tracking, a key conclusion is that one can't achieve an envelope
within which interoperable interchange of changed-tracked documents is possible without have
a surrounding envelope in which there is reliable interchange without any change tracking.
 The "Anti-Pattern" paper provides a sketch of how one can establish that, and some principles
that must be honored.

I have not put authors versions of my DChanges 2014 papers on-line yet.  I will do so in the
coming week.

 - Dennis