openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From michael maloney <crabtre...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: installation cd or dvd
Date Thu, 18 Jun 2015 15:03:16 GMT
No, you've obviously have never used linux.  This has nothing to do with a stable or unstable
internet connection.  It has everything to do with tar gz and deb files which are a pain
in the #$%#$.  It has everything to do with that fact that Apache Open Office is user unfriendly
for linux users.

WPS Kingsoft for instance is really easy to install - a simpleton like myself has no problem
installing their stuff, including their patches.  And I didn't have to uninstall libre first
or any thing like that.  Maybe look into seeing how they do it so easily.

I like, but I'm not in love with their software which is why i keep coming back to Apache.
But until you all figure something out, I'll keep on using WPS and Freeware, which I like
less.
Thank you for the quick reply though.  I really didn't expect to get one.Michael Maloney

     On Thursday, June 18, 2015 3:46 PM, Marcus <marcus.mail@wtnet.de> wrote:

 Am 06/18/2015 02:01 AM, schrieb michael maloney:
> This would be a huge help for those of us using linux.  I used to use
 > open office on my window xp years ago and I refuse to spend anymore
 > man hours attempting to download open office for ubuntu unsuccessfully
 > using deb files or anything.

CDs/DVDs are not available from Apache. But I also don't know what the
problem should be to download it - except that fast/stable Internet
access is not available everywhere on the world.

Furthermore please make sure do use always the original sources for
downloading software. For Apache OpenOffice it is this [1].

A simple solution would be to download the needed installation files by
someone, burn it on the CD and give it to them they need it.

[1] http://www.openoffice.org/download/index.html

HTH

Marcus