openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Gavin McDonald <gmcdon...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [BUILDBOT] - FreeBSD nightly (openoffice-fbsd-nightly)
Date Wed, 03 Jun 2015 11:41:20 GMT

> On 8 May 2015, at 4:07 am, Pedro Giffuni <pfg@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Hello Gavin;
>
> Thank you for looking at it, I wasn't really aware the buildbot was still available.
>
> In upstream FreeBSD we of course do our own builds with minimal patches
> but we use pre-packaged dependencies when possible.
>
> I strongly recommend upgrading the buildbot to FreeBSD 10 and using
> clang 3.5+ for the build. FreeBSD 9 requires a newer gcc version and also
> requires a patch related to libiconv (AOO Bugzilla i118574) which is not
> nice enough for the ASF repository.
>
> FreeBSD 10 and newer use the complete llvm/libc++ stack which is more
> interesting for the buildbot.

Right, so the fbsd build box has been on FreeBSD 10 for a while now.
It was on FreeBSD 10.0-RELEASE.

Clang on this version was 3.3

I have just now upgraded to FreeBSD 10.0-RELEASE and upgraded all
packages.

<quote>

FreeBSD 10.1-RELEASE-p10 (GENERIC) #0: Wed May 13 06:54:13 UTC 2015

[gmcdonald@bb-fbsd2 ~]$ sudo pkg update
Updating FreeBSD repository catalogue...
FreeBSD repository is up-to-date.
All repositories are up-to-date.
[gmcdonald@bb-fbsd2 ~]$ clang --version
FreeBSD clang version 3.4.1 (tags/RELEASE_34/dot1-final 208032) 20140512
Target: x86_64-unknown-freebsd10.1
Thread model: posix

</quote>

Therefore it looks like Clang 3.5+  is not available in the package tree
as you recommend.

I’ll perform a manual build now and see how it fairs.

Gav…