openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Bootstrap download failures, mainly from http://sourceforge.net/projects/oooextras.mirror/files
Date Mon, 22 Jun 2015 06:54:09 GMT
On 21/06/2015 Kay Schenk wrote:
> yes, they would be...based on the buildbot failure alone, I think the SF
> mirror must have been deactivated just a day or so ago.

Could it be that this is an unintended consequence of SourceForge's new
policy when they decided, for transparency towards the community, to
avoid mirrors that had not been asked for?
http://sourceforge.net/blog/project-mirroring-policies-will-be-revisited-with-our-community-panel-existing-mirrors-removed/

It seems clear that
http://sourceforge.net/projects/oooextras.mirror/files/ was definitely
to be kept (or, while at it, we could have it relocated to
http://sourceforge.net/projects/oooextras/ or something else like
apache-extras-openoffice).

>> The direct download from
>> http://www.ijg.org/files/jpegsrc.v8d.tar.gz
>> and
>> http://www.python.org/ftp/python/2.7.6/Python-2.7.6.tgz
>> works for me. I don't know why it doesn't work for bootstrap.

At times, the first download fails since the .gz file is uncompressed
during download. So basically you download file.tar.gz and what you get
is a file named "file.tar.gz" but with the contents of "file.tar" (and
thus a different md5sum). If someone wants to hack the Perl file or file
this in an issue it would be perfect. But the fallback always worked, so
this hasn't been high priority.

Regards,
   Andrea.