openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: ODF Plugfest: participation and leaflets
Date Sat, 05 Sep 2015 15:49:42 GMT
Excuse me I meant NO objections. Sorry.

Sent from my iPhone

> On Sep 5, 2015, at 8:04 AM, Dave Fisher <dave2wave@comcast.net> wrote:
>
> I see no objections to the wording.
>
> If we have funded the leaflet before then I have objections. If not and this is permitted
then I am for LAZY CONSENSUS.

> That covers 2 and 3.
>
> Regards,
> Dave
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
>> On Sep 5, 2015, at 3:49 AM, Andrea Pescetti <pescetti@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>> Dennis E. Hamilton wrote:
>>> Great!! My mistake.  Go for it: [PROPOSE], [DISCUSS], whatever.
>>
>> Being realistic, this won't help much at this stage. Every message where we politely
ask each other to start a proper discussion is a waste of time given the very close deadlines.

>> Note that I am not involved with the Plugfest at all and I happened to bring the
issue here just because of someone's outdated address book, but still I'd like that we get
done what we can get done.

>> Out of the three issues I originally mentioned:
>> 1) Someone from OpenOffice attending
>> 2) Updates for the leaflet
>> 3) Financial support for the leaflet
>> the one that we can get done for sure is 2.
>>
>> For 1) we have Louis' availability but by the time everything is approved it will
be unrealistic that he can still arrange an intercontinental flight (which is a pity since
we started discussing the Plugfest attendance three months ago, we should really learn from
this).

>> For 3) while I do see some consensus on contributing the 100 GBP = ~135 EUR = ~150
USD for printing the English leaflet, my worry is that we can't get anything decided by the
deadline (Tuesday 8 September afternoon European time).

>> So, coming to item 2: I'm still hopeful we can provide up-to-date data about OpenOffice.
You can find below what is needed, what is currently there and what I propose we send them
(which I will have to do on Tuesday morning European time; if someone else takes care of it
I'll be happier).