openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Patricia Shanahan <p...@acm.org>
Subject Re: Thinking of joining OpenOffice as a developer
Date Mon, 02 Nov 2015 11:10:40 GMT
On 11/2/2015 2:33 AM, Damjan Jovanovic wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 30, 2015 at 12:57 AM, Patricia Shanahan <pats@acm.org> wrote:
>> "Install cygwin, 32bit version"
>>
>> Do I really have to go to 32-bit Cygwin? I have a fine 64-bit Cygwin
>> already running on my 16 GB memory system.
>>

> I am not sure what impact the bitness of Cygwin has on the build, but as I
> discovered recently, AOO doesn't build on Win64.
>
> How are your efforts with AOO development going otherwise Patricia? Do you
> need any help or development ideas?

I am still working through the instructions for getting ready to build -
I have some other non-software projects that will take a lot of my time
this week.

By "Win64" do you mean any 64-bit MS-Windows system? If so, that is a
very serious issue. I do development on a 64-bit Windows 8.1 system. Has
anyone successfully built on that OS?

I am experimenting with installing Linux on other computers, but none of
them has the compute power, memory, or monitor size for serious development.