openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Patricia Shanahan <p...@acm.org>
Subject Re: [QUESTION] Usability of Non-Optional Java Dependencies
Date Tue, 03 Nov 2015 00:23:48 GMT
The argument for Win64 is that there may be many people who know and
care little about Java, but have it already installed for reasons other
than AOO. Those installations are much more likely to be Win64 than x86.

Because AOO is x86 only it has to ask for an x86 JRE, even if there is a
perfectly good Win64 JRE already installed.

I have no idea of the frequency of that situation.