openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Patricia Shanahan <p...@acm.org>
Subject Re: Thinking of joining OpenOffice as a developer
Date Sun, 08 Nov 2015 02:40:03 GMT
I have finished my non-software project, so building AOO is now at the
top of my project list.

I am working through the instructions, keeping a log of issues and
difficulties I encounter.

One thought to consider: Is is possible that difficulty building AOO in
one of the commonest desktop environments, 64-bit MS-Windows, is one of
the reasons for difficulty attracting developers?

More and more developers are unfamiliar with Bash and similar shells.
The requirement to use Cygwin is not going to stop me because I've been
using UNIX-like shells for over 30 years, but I would much prefer to use
an IDE.

Patricia