openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Notice... building RC3
Date Thu, 21 Sep 2017 20:46:39 GMT
Matthias Seidel wrote:
> Updated dictionaries is a release blocker and I reopened it August 27.

The process we've followed in the past is likely clearer: we had a new
"update dictionaries" issue in case it was needed to update them for a
new RC. This made it more visible.

> The expat patch has been a release blocker (for RC2?) but Don did an
> elegant fix later.

True, but the old patch works too and the elegant fix is in trunk, so
I'm not particularly concerned about this.

> Nevertheless the minor version MUST be updated for RC3.

Yes, this is the other (probably implicit and unstated) blocker besides
dictionaries.

Call it RC3 or RC4, whatever has the new code plus the two fixes above
(dictionary + version) has some chances to actually reach the [VOTE] stage.

Regards,
   Andrea.