openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Rory O'Farrell <ofarr...@iol.ie>
Subject Re: How can I turn off search pop up that says "OpenOffice Writer has searched to the end of the document. Do you want to continue at the beginning?"
Date Sun, 16 Dec 2018 09:04:06 GMT
On Sun, 16 Dec 2018 00:28:29 +0000
Cheryl Whitesel <cherylwhitesel@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> When I search through a document, please tell me how to turn off the maddening pop up,
"OpenOffice Writer has searched to the end of the document.   Do you want to continue at the
beginning?"  I ALWAYS want to go back and search from the beginning.  This feature slows searching
tremendously.

> Also,  when I search, putting an apostrophe into the search makes the software unable
to find the word in question.  For example, if I want to search for "don't" I need to search
for "don" without the 't.  If I search for "don't" the sofware finds nothing.  Every single
time. Can this be fixed?

> Thanks.
>
> Cheryl Whitesel

If your Writer has been set to turn apostrophes into curly quotes, it won't find a straight
apostrophe - you will need to copy/Paste a curly apostrophe into the find box, rather than
enter the straight apostrophe from the keyboard.

I don't know any way to turn off the end of file message.

--
Rory O'Farrell <ofarrwrk@iol.ie>