openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: Forum Migration Status
Date Mon, 03 Dec 2018 22:37:05 GMT

> On Dec 3, 2018, at 2:21 PM, Andrea Pescetti <pescetti@apache.org> wrote:
>
> On 30/11/2018 Hagar Delest wrote:
>> +1, many thanks, that way much better!
>> Did the daily usual things and everything went smoothly.
>
> I've tested the forum during and after migration too. Everything looks good.
>
> Many thanks Dave for the migration. The Forum has a much more difficult setup than the
MWiki and it will still be quite challenging to upgrade and maintain it, but at least this
important step is done.

You are all welcome!

The setup is seemingly complex, but as I’ve gone through it I understand it thoroughly.
It’s complexity of using links actually makes it easier to do upgrades than it appears.
You can upgrade one language BB at a time as each has a separate mySQL database and directory
with links into the phpBB version. phpBB packages provide a database update procedure.

Next steps in the next couple of months:

(1) Update the TEST instance to phpBB 3.2.4 (released less than one month ago.)
(2) Add RU language BB instance. (We have a few people who will support this BB.)
(3) Update each BB instance in co-ordination with NL administrators.
(4) Can we resurrect support for the ZH language instance?

Regards,
Dave