openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Matthias Seidel <matthias.sei...@hamburg.de>
Subject Re: [discussion] CMS migration
Date Tue, 30 Jul 2019 22:18:42 GMT
Hi Jörg,

Am 30.07.19 um 23:32 schrieb Jörg Schmidt:
> Hello,
>
> A fundamental question first:
> The "CMS migration" won't touch the wiki content? Right?

No, Wiki is a different server.

the project, but for millions of users.
> For example, there are (probably) tens of thousands of websites that link to pages from
openoffice.org. Our goal must be to maintain or redirect these link targets.

That is exactly why I tried to start this process years ago.

But you know what happened...

> I don't understand:
> Why is migration necessary at all?
I already told you on users-de@. ASF Infra can not support the old (self
baked) CMS anymore.
> I don't like the fact that programmers here spend time with this discussion (and possibly
later with the migration), because the (unfortunately) few programmers we have should concentrate
fully on the further development of the program.

Then it would be the perfect time to help those few people that already
spend so much time on this project? ;-)

Regards,

   Matthias

>> @all
>>
>> Maybe it would be nice to make a openoffice.org memorial. publishing a
>> freezed version of what is online today. It is maybe a stupid
>> Idea, but
>> looking through all the stuff, it feels like moving through old times.
> No, that's not a stupid idea. I explicitly support this idea, less as a memorial but
rather as an archive and backup.