openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Kovacs <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [discussion] svn migration plan
Date Sat, 20 Jul 2019 23:42:57 GMT
Hi brane,

The threads are linked in my first post.

It is for me a workflow thing.
I need a decentral versioning system instead of a central one.
And I want github as public patch interface.
Both do not work with svn.

I add a reason that I heard at work. Young people do not know svn. They expect to work with
git.
IMHO it is  a dumb argument but in my country the fresh people from university are dictating
a little their working environment.

Ahh and git has major pains reading OpenOffice svn repo. So I can't even use git as a client.

All the best.
Peter