openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Gavin McDonald <ipv6g...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [discussion] CMS migration (was: svn migration plan)
Date Mon, 29 Jul 2019 08:48:31 GMT
Hi all,

On Mon, Jul 29, 2019 at 9:18 AM George Karalis <thorbust@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello Peter,
>
> I have proposed some time ago the move to a static site generator — like
Jekyll, Hugo etc. —
> as I was redesigning OpenOffice’s front-page. That would greatly help
reduce tech diversity
> and maintenance as only static html files will be served.
>
> Most static site generators work with markdown and I believe that content
writers won't have
> a problem working with markdown. We could also setup an automated build
pipeline that
> serves the generated site with every commit, i.e. every markdown or
template change.

Hi George, you have just described almost perfectly Infras replacement for
the CMS!
Using Pelican and GHFM and Buildbot, you only need to 'edit' a page in
Github and that
commit will trigger a site rebuild and automatic publish of the site. It is
still in testing but
almost ready for use. I'll post more details and a docs link when its ready
for wider testing.

Gav...