openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Marcus <marcus.m...@wtnet.de>
Subject Re: https://www.openoffice.org/download/checksums.html#internet
Date Sun, 07 Jun 2020 16:49:40 GMT
Am 06.06.20 um 20:27 schrieb Dave Fisher:
> Thanks for pointing out where the OpenOffice volunteers could provide better instructions.

I don't see what should be improved here.

When reading the instruction again it's clear that not the downloaded
AOO file should be opened but the downloaded SHA256 / MD5 file.

A sceenshot from the hash tool can be seen here:
https://www.krylack.com/file-checksum-tool/

HTH

Marcus

>> On Jun 6, 2020, at 11:03 AM, B Sasz <BSasz@live.com> wrote:
>>
>> ·         Section "4) Verify With": Paste the hash from the SHA256 / MD5 file
you have downloaded. First you have to open it and copy the hash value.

>> Really? This is not an option in Windows. Totally Bogus. LIES. PRINT A SCREENSHOT!
>> Also Please clarify that opening the downloaded file won’t infect your machine…?
Really? Does anyone believe that? Idon’t think so