openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Matthias Seidel <matthias.sei...@hamburg.de>
Subject Re: About 20th anniversary plans
Date Tue, 08 Sep 2020 10:48:04 GMT
Hi Pedro,

Am 08.09.20 um 12:39 schrieb Pedro Lino:
> Hi Matthias, all

>>> Pull? Shouldn't it be Push? I'm not sure if I won't break stuff and it's less
than a month for release...
>> Git calls it Pull requests: https://github.com/apache/openoffice/pulls
>>
> I didn't mean github, but the git command in Linux...
> I can switch the logo in my local copy and compile with it. The question is how to commit
that change...

You can't if you don't have write access to our Git repo.
That's what Pull Requests are for!

The question still is if we want to overwrite the graphic.

>> Branch 418 is almost 12 month old. And it will be released when it is
>> "ready"
> I think the plan is to release 4.1.8 next month for the 20th Aniversary so it would be
good that there is a consensus that it is ready before that?

A plan is a plan. And we can only release it when it is ready. So hurry
up, people! ;-)

Regards,

   Matthias