openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Matthias Seidel <matthias.sei...@hamburg.de>
Subject Re: About 20th anniversary plans
Date Tue, 08 Sep 2020 11:56:26 GMT
Hi Pedro, All,

Am 08.09.20 um 13:21 schrieb Pedro Lino:
> Hi Matthias
>
>> On 09/08/2020 11:48 AM Matthias Seidel <matthias.seidel@hamburg.de> wrote:
>>> I didn't mean github, but the git command in Linux...
>>> I can switch the logo in my local copy and compile with it. The question is how
to commit that change...
>> You can't if you don't have write access to our Git repo.
>> That's what Pull Requests are for!
> Ok. I assumed doing it through the git command would also submit my changes so that they
would be evaluated and merged if accepted.
> Is there any way to fork the 418 branch only or do I need to fork the whole openoffice
project?

What I forgot:

"Normally" only the Release Manager merges commits into a (to be
released) branch.

However, I did a lot of small commits over the past year. Don Lewis did
highly appreciated code commits recently.

@Jim: Would you be available as Release Manager once more?

Regards,

   Matthias

>> The question still is if we want to overwrite the graphic.
> We do. At least we have 2 votes for (mine and Czeslaw's, I'm not counting you :)) and
none against. So in my view by lazy consensus this was already approved...

>>> I think the plan is to release 4.1.8 next month for the 20th Aniversary so it
would be good that there is a consensus that it is ready before that?