openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Pedro Lino <pedro.l...@mailbox.org>
Subject RE: About 20th anniversary plans
Date Mon, 07 Sep 2020 09:52:53 GMT
Hi Jörg

> On 09/07/2020 9:24 AM Jörg Schmidt <joesch@j-m-schmidt.de> wrote:

> I had recently suggested replacing the yellow (at 20 years) with a color that would be
more recognizable.

> I mentioned orange as an alternative color, but I can't say if this would be the best
choice.
> Maybe you should just use the red-brown of the Apache lettering?

I agree. Maybe some colour from the Apache feather
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/7e/Apache_Feather_Logo.svg

> Unfortunately it is not so easy to create an example directly because "20 years" contains
antialiasing.

Yes, this requires that the original author does that (or shares a vector version of the original)

This raises another question: in some versions of the AOO logos there is a TM and in others
a R. Which is correct?

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Apache_OpenOffice_logo_and_wordmark_(2014).svg

Regards,
Pedro