openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <w...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Proposals
Date Thu, 10 Sep 2020 19:11:35 GMT

> On Sep 10, 2020, at 10:46 AM, Marcus <marcus.mail@wtnet.de> wrote:
>
> Am 10.09.20 um 10:41 schrieb Jörg Schmidt:
>>
>>> https://raw.githubusercontent.com/pedlino/pedlino.github.io/master/openoffice_mod.png
>>> Good work!
>> +1
>>> 	I also liked the idea of adding "free" and did some further "hacking" on my
original proposal:
>>> https://home.apache.org/~mseidel/about_20yrs-1.png
>>> https://home.apache.org/~mseidel/about_20yrs-2.png
>> You have taken the trouble to recreate these modified graphics.
>> Am I really the only one here who thinks the text (to the right of the logo) would
be squeezed too tight to the logo?

> when nobody agrees to your statement, then it seems so.

I feel that it is a bit squeezed, but I accept that because otherwise we will be redoing the
layout and that has many consequences. So, making this image taller by putting the text below
is a bad option that will eventually require work with every language - over 40 to assure
that the layout is ok.

>> Look at the logo:
>> https://raw.githubusercontent.com/pedlino/pedlino.github.io/master/openoffice_mod.png
>> there this disadvantage does not exist.
>
> For me both (or all three) are the same with regard to squeezed text.

Yes. It is about looking at where these logos are going to be used.

A discussion about the website logo and text is wholly different and needs to be done on the
L10n emailing list as well.

Regards,
Dave