openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Pedro Lino <pedro.l...@mailbox.org.INVALID>
Subject Re: 4.1.8-RC3
Date Sun, 01 Nov 2020 10:47:11 GMT
Hi Andrea, all

> if you do it all in one step, dpkg
> is able to know that you are going to update all packages.

Thank you for the explanation.
Then it makes sense to at least change the tutorial at oo.org or even switch to the apt command
below?

> > Is there an apt command to do this? I can't find it in any tutorial.
>
> Simply
>
> $ apt install ./*.deb ./desktop-integration/*.deb
>
> (prefixing with "./" forces it to use local packages, even though it
> will say it is "downloading" them).

This is a very interesting command because it checks the current installed modules before
starting.
It still allows you to install any version (unlike the Windows OS...) but warns you that the
packages will be downgraded and confirms if you want to install a previous version (dpkg simply
executes the order and reports the version installed and the version replaced)

Thank you very much!

Regards,
Pedro