openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Matthias Seidel <matthias.sei...@hamburg.de>
Subject Re: Pre-release commit messages
Date Thu, 05 Nov 2020 22:05:26 GMT
Hi Jim,

Am 05.11.20 um 22:55 schrieb Jim Jagielski:
> This is a restriction/limitation of 'svn'... you cannot move one dir to another between
repos:

>     https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/308115/copy-folder-of-svn-repository-to-a-folder-in-another-repository

The last time I moved the dir I was able to do it with a single move. I
think that was with AOO 4.1.6.

But of course, the dir must then be complete and the Windows binaries
were late today...

Regards,

   Matthias

>> On Nov 5, 2020, at 3:49 PM, Andrea Pescetti <pescetti@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>> A request to improve readability of pre-release commit messages: would it be possible
to svn mv a directory (or a set of directories) instead of the single files?

>> Looking at
>> https://lists.apache.org/list.html?commits@openoffice.apache.org
>> there are 33 pages of mails for Linux/Mac that make it quite hard to see if a language
got skipped or something.

>> On the contrary, Windows commits are grouped 5 languages at a time and the log is
quite readable; but even 1 commit per language, as opposed to 1 commit per file, would significantly
improve readability.