openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Pre-release commit messages
Date Fri, 06 Nov 2020 21:36:13 GMT
On 05/11/2020 Matthias Seidel wrote:
> Am 05.11.20 um 22:55 schrieb Jim Jagielski:
>> This is a restriction/limitation of 'svn'... you cannot move one dir to another between
repos:
>>      https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/308115/copy-folder-of-svn-repository-to-a-folder-in-another-repository
> The last time I moved the dir I was able to do it with a single move. I
> think that was with AOO 4.1.6.

I think it was the same for me with 4.1.2. Infra was even advertising at
the time that one needed a single "svn mv" to release. If there is a way
to go back to this convention, I believe this would be better for
accountability: the release becomes an "atomic" operation and if
something goes wrong it cannot be missed.

Regards,
   Andrea.