openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Marcus <marcus.m...@wtnet.de>
Subject Re: Proposed change for download page
Date Mon, 04 Jan 2021 11:35:07 GMT
Am 03.01.21 um 21:28 schrieb Rory O'Farrell:
> On Sun, 3 Jan 2021 21:24:06 +0100
> Matthias Seidel <matthias.seidel@hamburg.de> wrote:
>> Am 03.01.21 um 20:07 schrieb Marcus:
>>>
>>> I've added a bit more magic:
>>>
>>> https://openoffice-org.staged.apache.org/download/index.html
>>>
>>> Now we can show a different text when Windows, Mac or Linux install
>>> files are selected. It's a short title with more text as mouse-over.
>>>
>>> For Linux it's known. However, for Windows and Mac we need the info we
>>> want to show the users.
>>>
>>> Suggestions?
>>
>> Thanks! That looks good!
>>
>> For Windows I would suggest as title:
>>
>> Additional notes for Windows!
>>
>> Text:
>>
>> At the moment we only offer a 32-bit (x86) version for Windows.
>> However, this version installs and runs also on Windows 64-bit (x86-64).
>> Please note that you may need JAVA in 32-bit for additional functionality.
>
> Add: which must then be selected (one time only) in /Tools /Options /OpenOffice /Java
>
>> Maybe the wording can be enhanced...

with some ideas and line breaks from me I've the following for the
moment (only locally, not yet on staging):

Title:
"OpenOffice and Java - What to do?"

Text:
"At the moment there is a 32-bit (x86) version for Windows. However,
this installs and runs also on Windows 64-bit (x86-64).
Please note that you may need Java in 32-bit for additional
functionality which must then be selected once only (see menu 'Tools -
Options - OpenOffice - Java').

For more information about OpenOffice and Java please see the link on
the right 'Java and Apache OpenOffice'
(https://www.openoffice.org/download/common/java.html)."

Thanks

Marcus