openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Carl Marcum <cmar...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Linux virtual machines for release builds
Date Sat, 02 Jan 2021 16:34:59 GMT
Hi Arrigo,

On 1/2/21 9:12 AM, Arrigo Marchiori wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> the wiki page "Step by step building guides for different platforms"
> [1] mentions:
>
>   - CentOS 5 for AOO 4.1.x
>     and lists the commands to prepare a x86_64 VM;
>
>   - CentOS 7 for AOO 4.2.x
>     but it also states that "the community builds of AOO 4.2.x and
>     later are built on Fedora19" [2].
>
>   - That Ubuntu 18.04 and Debian 9 will be the choice for AOO 4.2 [3].
>
> Can someone please help me understand:
>
>   1- do we build both AOO 4.1.x 64bit and 32bit releases on a x86_64
>      VM? Or do we use a 32bit VM for 32bit builds?
>
>   2- on what distro do we actually build AOO 4.2.x on? (both 32bit and
>      64 bit)?
>
>   3- is there a fixed short sequence of commands to prepare the VM for
>      AOO 4.2.x, such as provided for the CentOS 5 VM [4]?
In this earlier thread [1] I had documented my notes from setups of VM's
for building 4.2 on CentOS 7 and Ubuntu 18. There maybe some other
answers in there as well.

I can also give you my list of dependencies for 4.1 if you need them.

[1]
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/r1f6bf5131f3a6a3dcd5c182140a871422c6fe9ab4ff0ac9b6b2b49e3%40%3Cdev.openoffice.apache.org%3E

Best regards,
Carl