pivot-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Brown <gkbr...@mac.com>
Subject Re: Background image
Date Sat, 23 May 2009 23:51:24 GMT
Here's a little more info - graphics#drawImage() for the JPEG takes ~1ms, and for the PNG takes
between 50ms and 100ms. Not sure why yet.

On Saturday, May 23, 2009, at 06:51PM, "Greg Brown" <gkbrown@mac.com> wrote:
>That's very interesting. I tried removing the alpha channel from the PNG, but that didn't
help. cc'ing the dev list - PNG as a background image causes noticeable repaint delays, but
a JPEG doesn't (see below). Anyone have any ideas?

>On Saturday, May 23, 2009, at 03:42PM, "Edgar Merino" <donvodka@gmail.com> wrote:
>>Thanks for the suggestions, I tried running the StackPanes demo, and
>>noticed it didn't suffered from such a performance bottleneck, I noticed
>>the background image was a jpg, I'm currently using a png for the
>>background, so tried the demo with my image (800x600) and the
>>performance problem arised again. After I changed the format of my
>>background to jpg everything went fine. So I can confirm the problem
>>happens (at least) with png images. Attached is a copy of my background
>>image (in both png and jpg).
>>
>>Thanks for the help again!
>>Edgar Merino
>>

>>Todd Volkert escribió:
>>> I guess I'll add:
>>>
>>> - Are you running inside a VM?  If so, which virtualization software
>>> and version?
>>>
>>> -T

(line 32). I didn't notice any performance issues - can you try the same test and let us know
what behavior you get?