pivot-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Brown <gkbr...@mac.com>
Subject Re: using annotations for binding between XML/Java elements
Date Mon, 04 May 2009 12:32:13 GMT
>> There are 2 alternatives to exposing
>> setters.
>
>There is maybe a third way:
>(3) leveraging 'JSR 199: Java Compiler API' (from Java 6) in order to do the on-the-fly
code generation (at the source level, instead of byte-code level).

I'll take a look at this. However, based on the description, I suspect that it will also require
a signed applet.

>The question is: which Java version Pivot is targeted ?

Our current minimum version is Java 5. The Java plugin in Mac OSX does not support Java 6
yet.

>At first glance, I have not found, on the Apache web site, any clue about which Java version
you are targeting. IMHO it would be worthwhile to write this information into some summary
page.

Agreed - we should have this information on the home page (or somewhere fairly visible). Thanks.