pivot-dev mailing list archives

From Christopher Brind <bri...@brindy.org.uk>
Subject Re: using annotations for binding between XML/Java elements
Date Wed, 06 May 2009 06:59:22 GMT
This is an interesting discussion, but my view is that any kind of
pre-processing should be an optional step.  To me, one of the attractive
things about Pivot is that (if I wanted) I could create an app using vi and
javac.  It is a discouraging thought that I might have to run something
before or after javac as well.  Additionally, one of the big turn offs for
me about JavaFX is having to learn a new grammar.  Pivot is pure Java and an
XML structure that makes sense (because it ultimately represents an object
model for which I have Javadocs).

Now if you can generate class files from that XML that would be cool - as
long as it's not required.

I hope I haven't misunderstood the direction of this discussion. :)

Cheers,
Chris