pivot-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Brown <gkbr...@mac.com>
Subject Re: DigestAuthentication starts to work
Date Mon, 25 May 2009 13:07:30 GMT
>- there isn't a public method getMessage() that could be useful to
>retrieve the text message of an error

You can get it from Task#getFault().

>- into the execute, there is a part that throw exception if status !=
>OK, but i need to have the responseHeader filled before that,

I still don't think we should need to modify the Query class to support digest authentication.
I'd suggest that this code go in the DigestAuthentication class itself.

>- i defined some (http) constants at the begin of Query, thinking they
>was useful also in other authentication types ... but no problem to
>have them defined only in DigestAuthentication:

Yes, these should definitely go in the DigestAuthentication class.

>- then, I'm thinking to write a WebQueryTestClientDigest.README (put
>in the same package as the class) with the commands needed to setup
>the Server (Apache, and this week i hope also Tomcat) for tests. Is it
>a right way ?

We don't really have a standard in place for documenting tests. I would think that source
code comments would be sufficient, but suggestions are welcome.