pivot-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Brown <gkbr...@mac.com>
Subject Re: Fwd: MODERATE for pivot-commits@incubator.apache.org
Date Mon, 04 May 2009 14:40:26 GMT
Right. Unfortunately, J2ME != "J2SE lite". It doesn't include any of the AWT classes that we'd
need in order to run Pivot.

However, JavaFX also requires AWT, and I've heard that JavaFX Mobile is or will be supported
soon. It would be interesting to learn how they are doing that.

On Monday, May 04, 2009, at 10:33AM, "Noel Grandin" <noelgrandin@gmail.com> wrote:

>https://lwuit.dev.java.net/ seems to be a popular choice for deploying
>J2ME apps because it hides the multi-farious ways that devices differ.

>>> We'd love to see Pivot become available on mobile devices. However, this is largely
dependent on Java SE's availability on such devices. It's entirely possible that, if JavaFX
can run on a particular device, Pivot would also work there.